swimming lessons

A fortnight before the term ended, we did swimming lessons but before that, our teacher, Mrs. Agnew explained what it was all about and what we could expect.  We were really excited! She told us to bring swimming togs, goggles, a towel, a mask and a jacket.

The day arrived and the boys had to go first. so all of the rooms 6, 7, 8, boys changed in the classroom (with the girls outside). When we were done changing we waited for the bus while choosing a partner (I was with my friend Jaeden).

The bus was here and we all got on. Jaeden and I were at the front and we all sang songs while we were going to CLM pool. It was really fun singing!.

When we got there we quickly went inside and took our jackets off and masks. Then we got to the pool and the swimming teacher told us to hop in.

We learned all sorts of swimming techniques like backstroke, freestyle and floating on our backs and also holding our breath under water. In the end we got to jump in the pool. I had to race the room 8’s but I lost though ;-;

Then the girls arrived and we got out of the pool and dried ourselves and put our jackets back on.

We got back on the bus and the bus driver took us back to school it was really fun! Here is a photo of ME swimming: