ANZAC day

ANZAC day means to me that we are honoring the soldiers who were in the war. I was very inspired that they were very brave. Plus I wonder if the soldiers are in heaven.

Anzac day is also a day to eat cookies (in my opinion ).

ANZAC day means Australian New Zealand Army Corps. The traditional flowers for ANZAC day are poppies. Poppies grew on the battlefields of turkey in WW1 many Australian soldiers  died during the war. The poppy sends a message about remembering people who have died in the wars.

On the topic of ANZAC day this is how to make ANZAC biscuits. I got this recipe from  https://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/anzac-bisc/                                      ingredients are 

1 cup Standard Grade Flour (150g)

1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1 3/4 cups rolled oats (210g)

1 cup desiccated coconut (100g)

1/2 cup Chelsea White Sugar or Chelsea Raw Sugar (113g)

1/4 cup (firmly packed) Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar (50g)

125g Tararua Butter, cubed

1/4 cup Chelsea Golden Syrup (tin) (90g)

2 Tbsp water

1 tsp Edmonds Baking Soda

The method is to Preheat the oven to 150°C bake. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.

In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour and cinnamon. Add the rolled oats, coconut and sugars; mix well.

Place butter, Chelsea Golden Syrup and water in a small saucepan and stir over low-medium heat until the butter melts and the mixture is well combined (ensure the mixture does not simmer or boil).

Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. Add immediately to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.

Roll 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on trays about 5cm apart. Use your fingers to flatten each slightly (until they are about 1 cm thick). Bake for 16 minutes (for a chewy biscuit) or 20 minutes for a crunchie biscuit.

Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.